2010 had it's highs. And there were certainly some lows. It's crazy because I know that in the next year so much is going to change in my life. For starters, I'll be graduating in May.... from graduate school. It's fucking nuts to me because, I mean, for a major chunk of college I didn't know how I was going to graduate (High school too, for that matter.) So, I have a little bit a pride, and a shit load of "what am I supposed to do now" feelings. Another major? I'll be turning twenty-five. The other night I had this moment where I called myself "twenty-four" and was confused as to if it was true or not. So.... obviously reaching quarter-life is going to be intense... but it's welcomed. Something else? It will soon be time to make big-girl choices about things like, where I will live next year...and living alone again. Dental insurance, and a savings account. Paying my credit card off and learning how to do my taxes. Included in this is the overall "taking-care-of-myself" which includes a proper diet, regular exercise (because another thing that allegedly happens at age twenty-five? Metabolism falls off. damn.)
I know there is so much to look forward to, like having the time to date? see a show on a weekday? get back 5pm-9am? Not write a paper? Be less poor? Also... There's something about being 23 & 24 in NYC as a student... and being 25 & 26 as an adult with a job, in NYC. I feel like I had a taste of it last summer and I literally would love even one ounce of that life back.... But I won't lie. It's scary as shit and I don't even know what the fuck happens on 1/1/11// except I guess a chapter closes? Another one opens??
I don't know, but I've never been more ready.
Hello 2011.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment