I was looking back over old blog posts, mainly the ones from when I was moving in and setting up at my apartment. I realized I never posted any pictures of my room. That was the last thing to come together for me because E and I both put the emphasis on the common areas first. I still have some finishing touches to do on my room, specifically in the decoration department. You have to excuse the mess. I am in general a super clean person, but sometimes that has to fall to the side. Cleaning is at the top of the list of "get your shit together Sunday" as soon as my Policy paper is finished. Anyways here we go:

This is what my room looks like if you're standing over by the door. Now, let the tour REALLY begin....

"...and here's where the magic happens..." You know how everyone says that on Cribs?? whatever. My bed fits perfectly in this one corner of the room. My bed frame itself is a platform bed with 4 drawers and a cabinet for extra space. I haven't figured out a nightstand yet. I'm thinking of a corner shelf thing that would just fit into the wall on the side of the bed that meets the wall. We'll see.

Since floor space is hard to come by and NYC apartments are awesome about the tall ceilings and doors, I made it a point to build up. Behind my room door is where all my shoes are (seasonal, of course. The others are stored in a bin in the cabinet under my bed) That amazing shoe rack came from Bed Bath and Beyond. Such a clutch buy.

I have 3 windows in my room. only 1 us used for actual light. The other 2 make for great storage for some of my boots.

See those silly snow boots there? I bought those when I was still living in NC. a complete impulse buy because, obviously I didn't need them there. Apparently they are going to save my life up here when the snow ans slush take over the roads and sidewalks. Pretty happy to have them now, not sure how to
wear them though....

My desk area. I adore it. Something about desk space is important. I go to the library a lot, but it's also good to have a work area at home that's conducive to getting it done. I used a set of plastic drawers to make for extra drawer space and it fits nicely under the desk.

And I got this little light weight metal and glass book shelf to hold the overflow desk and bookshelf stuff.

The living room set I bought when I was living in Durham came with E and I, but the arm chair didn't fit in out living room properly, so it found a home in my room. Unfortunately it ends up looking like that, covered in my school bag, purse, clothes I decided against wearing, etc. But I'm working on making a habit of NOT dumping everything there!

The closet is at the back of the room (across from the bookshelf) My hanging cothes go in there, and the jeans are folded at the top, along with hand bags and my luggage. I fold a good portion of my clothes, so all tees, tanks, gym stuff, undergarments, sock, tights, are either in the drawers under my bed, or in the wooden cabinet (seen in 1st picture)

The top shelf in the cabinet holds my jewelery. it's funny I have so much stuff because I pretty much only wear the same few pieces. At some point I stopped wearing dangle earrings (when my hair was at its shortest) but I think they will make a comeback sometime soon.
So, thats the room! I love it, and I can't wait to finish decorating and getting all the pictures in frames/art from home on the wall.
0 comments:
Post a Comment