Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Long and Winding Road: Fails and Victories.

Ya'll I am just trying to get home for thanksgiving. That plan just got its balls chopped off after a series of unfortunate events:

Go catch the M60 bus at 7:00pm. It was supposed to take 40min, getting me to LGA a good hour before my flight, 8:45pm. Right?

Fail#1 M60 didn't come at 7:00. It came at 7:22pm
Fail#2 the bus was creepin over some M-Fin bridge. Pulls up to LGA at 8:30pm
Fail#3 I run to counter, and the guy promptly plays my face on some "girrlll you ain't gettin on THAT plane" and I'm all "diva bitch, don't make this worse than it is."
Victory#1 Some Boss Bitch pipes in that my flights delayed and that I CAN get on it. Ballin
Fail#4 so hungry, but I decide on chex mix because I was plannin to Eat Like A BEAST when I got home.
Fail#5 I get on plane. Pass out. Wake up and, Oh! Hey Girl! We haven't moved. Fuck.
Fail#6 we depart at 10:10pm. I was supposed to board in Philly at 10:15pm.
Fail#7 watching my flight to RDU pull off. Without me on it.
Victory#2 they put us up me up in some hotel, new flight at the crack of ass o'clock in the morning.
Fail#8 I walked into the hotel at 12:02am. The bar and grille closed at 12:00am. Hence my Raisinets dinner.

Despite it all, I am SO ready to be where my family is. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Akili said...

Love you, Sesh! Happy Turkey Day. Glad you got home, safely.

Kristin W said...

Um...not even kidding, you are awesome! I guess living in NYC will make you independent (not to say you totally weren't already). I'm totally afraid of travelling/flying alone. And you did it in the midst of one of the craziest travelling times of the year. Props to you even w some fails along the way!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails