On Saturday I sent him a morning text: " Morning Mister! J!E!T!S! today!!
to which he replied: "No, Babe. it's tomorrow... but I like that energy! you're excited!"
Like most fanatics, he's taking this loss like a death in the family and is in some sort of post-lost--football depression. I thought I'd know how to handle it, being raised in a house with a die-hard Tarheel and Steelers Daddy, and going to a legit state school.... but this time, I have no clue.
My approach so far has been silent support. I waited about an hour after the loss to hit him with the condolences text.... but what approach? Do I talk shit about the refs and the bs flags and penalties? Do I express heartbreak? No and No. 1) the Colts are fucking good. I had a feeling they were gonna win. and 2) My heart isn't broken. the Jets had a great season,
their quarterback (Mark Sanchez, to the left) could get the business any day.... I mean, the world will go on. So I went with the "look on the bright side" angle.Hours pass and I toss out the "How you doin?" text. Nothing. At this point I'm trying to calculate the impact of this loss on the rest of the week.... the next few weeks. I mean, I'm not exactly sure how much I'm able/willing to put up with. After thinking about it, I understand where he's coming from. This is a kid who rooted for NCSU all season because it's my Alma Mater (theres a pictures he sent me while I was home on Thanksgiving break and NCSU beat UNC). This super fan also got me Green knee socks (I love knee socks) for game day... I mean, he really cares about the team and while it's sort of funny... it's cute too.

I wake up to this text back "Goodnight Sesh.... thanks for all the love."
So maybe the healing has begun....?
Good thing it's over, and Monday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday are all days that are free game and football free.... for a few months....

1 comments:
This is definitely a "Venus v. Mars" type thing. I rooted for the Jets simply because Sanchez is, as you would say, a dime. I've never understood how shemotional men get about football--especially professional football where your fave players are liable to get traded at ANY time. But yeah...Sanchez is definitely on the "could get it"-list.
Post a Comment