Headed down south to the land of the pines I'm thumbin' my way into North Caroline Starin' up the road And pray to God I see headlights. I made it down the coast in seventeen hours. Pickin' me a bouquet of dogwood flowers, And I'm a hopin for Raleigh, I can see my baby tonight.
It's 3:27am. I've been home from the bar for 27 minutes. I'm here getting all awkward and sentimental, wandering around my apartment, listening to Old Crow Medicine Show's Wagon Wheel. I've liked this song for a while, but tonight, they are making me homesick.To make matters worse, months ago I watched The Wackness when it came to me on Netflix. Seeing it then made me super meltdown-tastic. Well, of course, I come home and guess what? It's on.
So.... it's 3am. I'm listening to Wagon Wheel, Watching The Wackness and laughing at myself cry over a place I'm homesick for--- but I haven't even left yet.
freaking lame.

0 comments:
Post a Comment