As predicted, there was gonna be some serious BS shenanigans going on for this trip. I knew it. So, Here we go. SM and I went out for Grace's birthday the Saturday night before. We planned to only stay out til 12. as

usual, at 12 we were heading to another bar. We get all mixed up between Kashmir and Sullivans, and end up meeting Denny and Courtney for a drink at thee latter. We don't leave Raleigh til 1:30 or so. go fig. So I get home and pack/weep til 3am. I wake up at 6:30, take my last shower shower at home, and pack the last of it up. best-guy-friend Karl is coming over at 9 to pick up the Uhaul and drive me to Washington DC. BS-Senanigans #1: best-guy-friend-Karl is supposed to have his best friend Lucas help load the truck. For reasons way to irritating to explain, Lucas backs out. Awesome.
Rude, thoughtless little pig. I start to freak. I am litterally driving, texting and calling at the same time. I am cash poor on a Sunday, looking for some loser willing to make a quick buck by loading my crap. The guy who cuts my parents grass (and who i've know since I'm 5) comes through in the clutch. He gets the car loaded up with Karl in 25

minutes. The only casualties of the pack were: my nightstand (broken), my bookshelf (left behind), and my big house plant (I still can't talk about it because I'll cry). Karl and I get on the road at 12:05. He doesn't follow my GPS at first and is U-turning all up in this bitch like we're in a sedan. but I digress. The ride was with no complaint. I organized my blackberry, screamed at Karl for texting-not-driving, and played a rousing game of F,M, or K. BS-Shenanigans #2: as we enter the city (all of 4 miles from E's apartment) we miss our turn and go down 17th street. Surprise! 17th street is a "no truck zone" so we see that sign... and see all the construction and our country asses assume they are talking about Mack trucks, dump trucks, idk, bulldozers.... We see a cop turn behind us and Karl and I joke about how much it sucks to hear those sirens come up behind you. 3 minutes later? Woop Woop Woop.

we get pulled. not by the DC Metro cops but by the true life, no lie SECRET mugfug SERVICE. yup. blah blah blah it sucked, I was stressed, Karl was calm... but they give him a ticket for the moving violation, $75.00 and 2 points on his license. Sucks, but no biggie, right? Wrong. Karl already has an inappropriate amount of points on his license because of past bad behavior. So. Thats great. Karl, you're going to G-D jail.
We get to DC, our professional movers get everything in the truck and it's beautiful.


E, my mom and I go binge eat at our favorite mexican spot, go home, to sleep. All thats left in the apartment are 2 cots (which I brought from NC). So, somehow here I am with my no meat having hips or ass, sle
eping on hardwood floors. Somewhere at 5am I switch to the cot. We left
for NYC at 9:15 on Monday morning, and I'll have to continue the story a little later.
(pictures are of me pumping gas in the Uhaul in Dinwiddie, Va,
the effing price to fill up the truck, and 2 pictures of the back of the profe
ssional movers
truck, sunday
night (look at my pretty plant there in the bucket!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment