Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vanity Fair Magazine: Proust Questionnaire

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Whenever I can just be in the moment, and am not aware of the time passing by.

What is your greatest fear?
That everything else is downhill from here.


Which living person do you most admire?
My parents, for reasons to numerous to list.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
emotional detachment.

What trait do you most deplore in others?
overt insecurity.


On what occasion do you lie?
Very seldom, usually for self-preservation, but not at the expense of another. I don't have a good poker face, so I just try and keep it real.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
without mascara and eyeliner I look like i'm dying.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
gentleness.


Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
words: awkward, random, weird, duh, ya, ew

phrases: "it's whatever" "I'm over it"

What is your greatest regret?
I don't generally do regret, at most it's a tinge of remorse, but it's fleeting. More likely, I'll do something awkward and feel like... "gah" for a little bit.


When and where were you happiest?
I'm pretty uninterested in any emotions, other than happiness. I am happy most of the time, and avoid places/people/events that would shift that.

Which talent would you most like to have?
I don't have any exceptional talent, and would be grateful for whatever I could get. I'd like to one day have friends say say, "oh Seshie! she's the best at _______, we'll call her!"

What is your current state of mind?
quite stable.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
my response of indifference to situations which would reasonably require something more.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
poor, ugly, fat, or alone. any one of combination would be the absolute lowest.

What is your most marked characteristic?
apparently I tell a good story, supposedly mildly entertaining.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
assertiveness and persistence.

What is the quality you most admire in a woman?
self awareness.

What do you most value in your friends?
Their individuality, graciousness and understanding.

Who are your favourite writers?
Joyce Carol Oates, John Irving, Pablo Neruda.

Who is your favourite hero of fiction?
Betty Rizzo, from Grease

What are your favourite names?
currently or Damien and Caleb (boys) Genevieve (girl)


What is it that you most dislike?
The dislike being bored. especially if someone is boring me.

How would you like to die?
Old. and quietly.

What is your motto?
"it is what it is."

3 comments:

Sarah M said...

Well my motto that I've always loved is from your Aunt Lois:
"If one won't, another one will."

Sesh said...

haha That is def your motto. That Lois is a wise woman!

Adrienne said...

I effing love Joyce Carol Oates...I just recently re-read "The Falls".."We Were the Mulvaney's" is probably my fave. xoxo

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails