Thursday, August 13, 2009

Five Star Status Contender of the Moment.

I am a big fan of music. I listen to most anything, my itunes can shuffle in anything from Weezy to Nine Inch Nails and I'll be alright with it. That being said, I do not run from Local 506 to Cats Cradle with a copy of that weeks Independent in my hand trying to catch all the underground stuff or the Next Best Thing local act. From time to time a song will stick, sometimes I'll get over it, other times not. The ones I don't get over make there way onto a select group (the 5 star holders in my itunes library). The five star group will eventually round out to be my all time top songs. I imagine one day I'll have several, and then it would be like a boxed set, like album one: Party Poppin club shit. Album two: that mellow thoughtful heavy stuff... but I digress.

A song that is inching towards five star status is Kings of Leon's Use Somebody. It is probably the most thoughtful, romantic, sweet, this-is-how-i-hope-my-future-boy-feels song. And that means a lot coming from a girl like me who gags at people who hold hands and spoon. So, Kings of Leon, this Buds for you!

Lyrics Below. Look how sweet this is.

I've been roaming around always lookin down at all I see.
Painted faces fill the places I can't reach.
You know that I could use somebody
You know that I could use somebody
Someone like you
And all you know and how you speak
Countless lovers undercover of the street
You know that I could use somebody
You know that I could use somebody
Someone like you
Off in the night while you live it up I'm off to sleep
Waging wars to shake the poet and the beat
I hope it's gonna make you notice
I hope it's gonna make you notice
Someone like me
Someone like me
Someone like me
Somebody
(Go and let it out)
Someone like you
Somebody
Someone like you
Somebody
Someone like you
Somebody
I've been roaming around always lookin down at all I see

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails