Friday, August 28, 2009

Soundtrack to my life-- Billboard.com


My good friend, who we'll call Akili, had this awesome post on her blog, where she was able to plug in particular dates and billboard.com would tell her what to song was on her soundtrack of he life at the time. So, duh I had to do it too. Here we go:

I burst out laughing when I saw that my most memorable kiss (which occured on july 4th 2002) was Hot in Herre. I remember that song being the jam that summer and watching TRL so I could watch the video every afternoon. As far as the kiss-- it occurred when I snuck out of my house and went downtown with the kid I had a crush on all of Freshman year. I"m pretty sure he was my first kiss-- yea, he was. And I know I kept my gum in hahaha which is hilarious to me now, and I only share that info because it's funny. But I distinctly remember taking my gum out and saving the blue wad on my index finger. oh to be 16 again.

I Got a Feeling is probably the most appropriate song on my little soundtrack. First of all, I'm not sure when I became such a top 40-whore, but I really like this Black Eyed Peas song. The first time I heard it I was driving back late night from some day trip and for some reason it made me cry. I am chalking the tears up to the fact that I was still anticipating my move. Every time I heard it after that I was so pumped, even when SM would switch the station in the car, I'd turn it back like, " bisshh, this is my jam." THEN at my going away party, CD was like " this song totally reminds me of you!" But it was only because of how the guy said "Do it" --- he talks just like me.

So, there you have it. Hot in Herre is my make out song, and I am a top- 40 junkie.

thanks, Akili for the dope post!


1 comments:

Lisa said...

Too funny! I do not even want to look at my songs. It would be too much flashback I think ;-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails