Wednesday, August 26, 2009

sexy-not-slutty: Wedding attire

Like I've mentioned before, I have weddings to attend this fall. The catch is, for 2 of the 4 it is imperative that I look insanely spectacular. Like, y'all don't even know. One wedding is my cousin on my mom's side. If you know my family, you get the need to look amazing. The other is for Denny and CD, and I have to bring my A game for this one too.

So, because I early shop, I have pre screened 2 dresses for each, so that if it comes down to it I've got something to wear. However, I've been browsing for something that is more "bam" like, my style but real sexy. Is there an appropriate way to dress sexy without looking like I've just left my full time job on the corner? The reason I ask is because I attended a wedding of a sorority sister back in Feb. She was a design major in college, and so lots of her wedding guest were artsy and unique. Too bad that translated into club clothes, hooker boots, tramp make-up and over all slutty faces. I don't have any skank gear. In fact, my hooker gear looks like a skanks conservative option... so really I'm in no danger. I don't know... I'm just not into dressing like that, but I feel like every now and then you gotta bust out a lil sunthin sunthin. Here are a few ideas I'm toying with... thoughts? How do you get nice and sexy for a wedding without being a hot tranny mess in the process??









1 comments:

Regina said...

Seshie - both of these have amazing necklines that I LOVE and I think either would be appropriate. My new go-to place for statement dresses is Ann Taylor because they just revamped their look with a new designer and I have to say they are really on point (in my opinion). Saw this and thought it was definitely sexy-not-slutty http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=21255&No=0&loc=LN&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_180&N=1200396&Nty=1&categoryId=180&defaultColorNameFromCategory=Black&defaultSizeTypeFromCategory=Misses

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails