Monday, August 24, 2009

Soundtracks of my life-- New York volume

Like most people with itunes and an ipod, I care about music. I'm a bog fan of the appropriate playlist for events, the right song for the car ride, the perfect track for "the moments" You can as SM or anyone who has had the pleasure of a car ride with me. I listen to most songs for 15-30 seconds and skip the the next track. I'll listen to an entire song if it fits certain criteria (which I'll have to divulge at a later date, can't dump too much neurosis in one post) Anyways, I am working on that playlist for this period of time in New York. One song on heavy rotation right now is Hot Child in the City- Pat Benatar. I'm getting super obsessed with it, and like can't stop quoting it.

1) I am hot (sweatiness wise)
2) I am hot (obviously.)
3) who doesn't like Pat B?
4) come one. It's Pat.


The lyrics break down:

Danger in the shape of somethin'
wild
Stranger dressed in black, she's a
hungry child
No one knows who she is or what
her name is
I don't know where she came from
or what her game is

duh. I always wear black. I will soon look hungry because I'm too poor to eat and I walk every where. No one can say my name and so far everyone here thinks I'm a local.

(Hot child in the city)
(Runnin' wild and lookin' pretty)
(Hot child in the city)

So young to be loose and on her
own
Young boys, they all want to take
her home
She goes downtown, the boys all
stop and stare
When she goes downtown, she walks
like she just don't care, care

No explanation needed.

(Hot child in the city)
(Runnin' wild and lookin' pretty)
Yeah
(Hot child in the city)

Come on down to my place, baby
We'll talk about love
Come on down to my place, woman
We'll make love!

This verse is curious. Not sure like--- what it's supposed to be about

Hot child in the city
(Hot child in the city)
She's kinda dangerous
(Hot child in the city)
Young child
(Runnin' wild and lookin' pretty)
Young child, runnin' wild
(Hot child in the city)


So. There you have it. This song is begging for five star status, and soon it will be rewarded.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails