Monday, September 21, 2009

Soundtrack to my life--New York City

I start field placement tomorrow and, based on my talk with my supervisor, I am very very nervous and scared. I know I'm capable, but none the less--- its terrifying. The Banker is a typical boy and Sunday is dedicated to football of any variety. I spend my Sundays getting my life on track, but today it was more of a day to calm all of my nerves and prepare for field. Well, he must have felt my anxious energy on Saturday because this was in my inbox this morning:


Subject: There's nothing you can't do...

Body: Now you're in New york...


--- and the Jay-z song "Empire State of Mind" was an attachment.




The chorus
"Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
Theres nothing you can’t do,
Now you’re in New York,
these streets will make you feel brand new,
big lights will inspire you,
lets here it for New York, New York, New York"

I've been listening to it pretty much on repeat, and it's on my "Harlem/Bronx/Brooklyn/Manhattan" playlist. It's an amazing song about an amazing city, sent from a pretty swell guy, haha.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I am happy about all this blogging too.. Good luck with your first week!!

Anonymous said...

Empire State of Mind?!?? Really? Turning into a yankee? What about Mullage and Yo Gotti... Come back to your southern roots. Please somebody grab her IPOD

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails