Thursday, September 10, 2009

Who will stop the rain?

When it rains in New York, it friggin just rains. Not like the nice rains at home where its like 80 thousand degrees and the sky breaks for 5 minutes and then for the rest of the day it's too humid to breathe. Here, it becomes day time, and it's all gray. And awkwardly humid, and smelly (idk...) and then it just rains.

The part that blows hardest is that you kind of can't stop. Like there is still shit to do and places to get to. Obviously this is my transition into yet another "what should I buy when I have money (on friday!!) segment:

A solid rainboot is paramount to not having a shitty day when it's raining. The rain trench and umbrella are handled, but, for me to the boots have been an outlier.

I spoke with BKE right before I left to get her thoughts on them since she'd just spent the summer as a Brooklyn wandering, downtown loving, denim cut off wearing, hipster/scenster intern for my favorite mag on earth, W. BKE said that the Hunter rainboots are pretty much gold standard, and I def like them. But then I saw these Michael Kors ones.... and I don't know what to do.

They are more or less the same price. I feel like the Hunters have more long term capabilities, better sole, etc. And like, honestly? I'm not buying a car. Not sure why it's 7am and I am acting like it's a life or death decision between a Camry and a Corolla.

Truth is, I have hung out with The Banker every day since our first date last Wednesday and I am doing all I can to not be an asshole and gush like a stupid girl. So I'm trying to find other Fun and Exciting Topics (Insert peppy excited voice!!) So that I don't reveal how un Sesh-like your formal stone cold ice queen has become....

wtf?? I leave the south for a city where you definately need to keep your balls, and I'm all running through the field of flowers like a loser... hahaha. Whatever, suffice to say, The Banker is a good one. I win.

Here are the damn boots... so much for my guise!

**side bar: Good Luck to NC-Delta with Rush this week** Someone keep me posted.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails